I love fruit desserts especially those made with yogurt. These days mangoes are in season and the intense heat has added more sweetness to them. I bought a dozen of Kesar variety a few days ago and they were insanely sweet. Here are two healthy recipes to beat the sticky summer heat. The ingredients are the same but the tastes are different. Also, sometimes one wants to drink something refreshing yet nutritious rather than eat. So, we have two healthy choices here -A parfait and A Smoothie.
So, what’s different in this Mango Yogurt Parfait?
We are all familiar with overnight Oats and fruit Parfaits but here is a desi and healthy twist to that recipe with the lusciousness of mangoes and flattened/Beaten Rice or poha soaked in home cultured yogurt and lightly flavored. Enjoy this highly nutritious parfait as a dessert or a main breakfast dish to kick start your day.This recipe is inspired by blogger Sangeeta Khanna’s mango poha.
Flattened rice or poha is prebiotic and probiotic apart from being a rich source of many nutrients. I’ve used Just Organik rice poha. It is easy to digest too. I have more poha recipes on blog which you can explore and enjoy. Write ‘poha’ in the search tab and you will have them all.
Mango Yogurt Parfait with Beaten Rice Flakes or Poha
I can bet that once you have this refreshing Parfait you are surely gonna make it again. Choose ripe, juicy, fragrant mangoes and home cultured yogurt to reap the maximum nutritional benefits.
- Chill the glasses in the fridge before assembling this versatile Parfait.
- Whip the yogurt with honey and chill it. That will make it an instant eat.
- Dry poha needs to be rinsed under filtered water in sieve and kept for sometime to
- Mix the soaked poha or flattened rice flakes in it. Mash and mix properly. Keep it in the fridge to puff up more and chill.
- In the mango puree add ginger juice and cardamom powder. Mix well. Chill.
- Now, take the serving glass or goblet and carefully put two spoons of mango puree in it then add a layer of yogurt poha mix. Alternate layers Till you reach 3/4 of the glass. You can layer them as per your choice.
- Keep the top layer of dahi poha and Top it with generous amount of cubed and chilled mango pieces.
- Refrigerate your Parfait a little more to set properly.
- Sprinkle granola, muesli or popped amaranth seeds (ramdana) or chopped nuts of your choice just before serving.
- Enjoy this wholesome utterly delicious healthy parfait any time of the day.