There is nothing like indulging in sinful preparations that call for chocolate, Oreo, Vanilla ice cream etc. Kid 1 @Darkequinox24 treated me to a wonderful concoction of flavors and textures today. Here is what we had on a sultry August evening.
To make this you will need :
Amul Dark Chocolate bar- 1 Big (55%cocoa)
Amul Fresh Cream – 200ml
Amul Vanilla Ice Cream – 1 liter Brick
Kraft Oreo Biscuits – Small Pack
Britannia Nutrichoice Digestive Oatmeal Biscuits – 250 gm
To make the Ganache :
1. Heat fresh cream and a little butter in a saucepan
Add vanilla extract(optional)
2. Break the Chocolate bar into pieces.
3. Pour it over bitter chocolate and stir for a while till thick sauce forms.
4. Let it stand for 10 minutes to cool.
5. Stir with a whisk to make it smooth and shiny.
i marveled at the perfect Ganache that he made. Sneaked in to lick it off the bowl so many times. So proud of my boys.
For the Ice Cream Biscuit Mix :
6. Crumble Oreo and crush the digestive biscuits.
7. Cut the ice cream brick and add to the biscuit mixture. Mix them well.
8. Add 30 ml whiskey\bourbon and 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in a small pot and heat. Tilt the pot a bit to flambé the mix.
To Assemble :
9. Pour it over the Ice cream and biscuit mixture and mix it all till it forms a rich textured paste.
10. Let it chill for half an hour in the freezer.
11. To serve, make a base of Ganache and top it with the ice cream biscuit mixture. Pipe some more Ganache on top to decorate and add berries, nuts or dark chocolate biscuit crumble.
You can always use your choice of biscuits and make variations of this recipe.