UmaS Tagged me and gave me this beautiful award. Thank you Uma , your token of love is very precious to me. Love and hugs.
It is a lovely feeling when a fellow blogger and a friend sends across a little bundle of joy across so many miles.
The award has a Tag too .
So here it goes:
7 things I find to be beautiful around me :
seven things were difficult to pick. I love everything around me.
1. I love the colors, fragrances, smells, sounds that each season splashes so beautifully around us. The amazing variety of winter blooms, the yellow and reds of summer, the brown bare trees and the showers of golden yellow leaves of autumn , the shades of soothing greens in the rains and much more. Also the endless sky where each moment unfolds a poetry painted in various hues by nature. The smell of wet earth after the first summer rain and the flashes of lighting and thunder and all the drama in the sky.
2. Music- When I listen to the temple bells on a beautiful morning in a sleepy little town in the hills it makes me feel calm from within. Music heals and anything which is not noise , which touches my soul from M.S.Subbulaxmi’s ragas to Pt. Jasraj or Neil Diamond and Talat Mehmood and Hemant Kumar , I love it all. On days when I want life to be extra beautiful I go for Clarinet, flute, Saxophone, even Arabian music adds so much more to my life in may a ways.
( I also love to get charges with the new found music that my boys have introduced me to . Each melody , each note is a new discovery)
3. Children - These Little people are the mosr treasurred gifts that the universe has given us. I love to just watch them blossom. Every moment, every expression, thought, word, gesture is worth it. They live in their own world of fantacy , untouched, unspoilt just like wild flowers . I call the moment spent with these cherubs ” my moments of rejuvination”
4. Books- Be it my Lady Bird series or the volumes of classics in Hindi and English I love to be surrounded by books. One reason I visit book stores and libraries is to inhale that musty , intoxicating smell of old books. The touch of those yellow pages and the faded covers. I love to read and I think we all have our special collectios of books. I have some very old collector’s first editions which were handed down to me by mom and my grandfather and are priceless.
4. Chocolate – Oh , I know you all know my love for chocolate. Ranging from bitter dark to flavoured and liquir filled, chocolates make life worth living. Give me a chocolate and a book and I am happy woman. I leave you with a picture and want you to let your imagination go wild. What more can I say. The drool pool near by feet and the dreamy , misty eyes are not helping me to write more. will be back shortly.
5. Silence – Now this may come as a surprise to you but have you ever experience the beauty of the silent night under the starlit sky lying on dewy grass watching the clouds drift aimlessly or see the play of moonlite, maybe just close the eyes and breath easy ? I find that blissfully beautiful . Have you ever stood at the edge of a rock jutting out into the valley watching the sun melt into an exquisite molten red and gold or just sat with eyes closed absolutely quite ? I bet if you do any of it you will know why I love silence so much .
6. My mom – When I look at her face I get a feeling I can not describe. Is it the old age, the spirit of life, the soft understanding eyes , the assurance , love and enrgy that flows all the time from her to me ? What is it ? I guess you all know the answers. She is beautiful within and has made my life glow with inner beauty. That’s ma.
7. Life – Life is beautiful if we open unconditionally to it. To its pains and sorrows , to its joys and beauty. Living is tough job , most people just exisit and forget to see and feel the beauty around them, in them. I always feel that in all our unending efforts to ” live” we actually miss out on : Life” I don’t know if I make sense but If any of you even vaguely understand what I mam sayin , it will be worth it.
I am supposed to
1) Thank the person who gave you the award
2) Paste the award on your blog
3) Link the person who nominated you for the award
4) Share 7 things you find to be beautiful around you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers or more
I think it is a tag for all the beautiful people out there. So please accept the award friends and do the tag. love and hugs.
Indivine post. Do vote